Tuesday, September 18, 2007

We got the PA!!!

On Friday, September 14th, we missed a phone call that told us that the PA had come in. We were camping with our family. So, on Monday, I paid a fee and they sent the dossier! So now we could be traveling in about 3 months time. We'll just have to continue the waiting game...wait...wait...wait!! The next thing we need to wait for is called the "Letter of Acceptance" or LOA. We can expect that in about 90 days.

Here's the Adoption "To Do List"
Send LOI (letter of Intent to Adopt): (Done August 13)
Wait for PA (prior approval): (Done September 14th)
Send Dossier to China: (Done September 15)
Talk to Social Worker to get home study addendum: (Done September 18th)
Get Home study Addendum (Received on October 3)
Receive Letter of Acceptance (Received on December 14)
Sign and Return LOA back to the Agency via FEDEX
Apply for Travel Visas to China
Receive Travel Approval
Make Consulate Appointment
Get the go ahead to book plane tickets
Leave to Pick up Min!!


I can tell you a little bit about our little girl, now! Her name is Min. We're going to call her "Min". She's 2 years old and will turn 3 in January. She's a month younger than Laina. She doesn't like to eat, and really only likes to eat rice and noodles. Her favorite toy is a car, she loves to visit the neighbors and she loves to wear pretties in her hair. She would love to have a doll. Here's a couple of pictures of beautiful miss Min!!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Min is gorgeous! Congratulations!

Betsy
Another ASIA client

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I saw your post on the Yahoo boards.

We adopted a 2.5 year old last year from Hangzhou (Wang Xiaoya, now Catherine). She is perfect, you will love having a 2.5 year old. She was already so accomplished -- potty trained, dressed herself, fed herself, etc. She even had the same hairstle as your daughter does.

We've had so much fun, we are headed back to China in 2 weeks to adopt her "brother" in Nanchang.

Congrats again!

E R I C A said...

Hi, I found your blog while on RQ.

Your daughter is so beautiful (and photogenic)! She looks like a little model!

Congratulatons!!

Erica :)

ericprogrammer said...

Congrats. She is beautiful and looks like she knows it. Your two daughters will do great together.

Kirsten

Anonymous said...

I'm Jane Lasar Steinmetz. I visited Hangzhou CWI in February of 2005 on a medical mission trip. I have a photo of Zhou Min at 1 month of age. Please contact me and I'll send to you. I can't believe how much she's grown!! I'm very happy for you! I will also be in Hangzhou next month so if you wanted to send her something I'll pack it in my suitcase and give to the director. My best! Jane
timandjane@dishup.us

Mutha Mae said...

Wow to the above comment. How wonderful and exciting. Congrats to your family!