Monday, March 10, 2008

Whew...finally a sec with the 'puter

OK, short story short-- we got home on Thursday. All safe and sound. Min slept for about 75% of the flight and was happy to play at her chair the other 25%. She was a real trouper and an easy traveler.
She's been sleeping in bed with us and just today, Monday I have both girls in their own beds in the same room for nap time. I got it on video as proof. I'll have to post that later on.

The weekend was busy, we went to the park, my brother came to visit, we went to Mexican food with my aunt and uncle and my parents. I've chiseled down the loads and loads of laundry.

Trials: Laina is a wee bit jealous and is fearing she's being short changed on everything. I've read "siblings without rivalry" and I'm trying to remember some of the techniques. Min is an anxious sleeper and has never learned to sleep by herself in her own bed without someone holding her while she falls asleep. I'm grateful to her foster family for this loving and sweet treatment, but reality needs to step in here pretty soon. We'll work on it once we're all off letlag and she is more comfortable with the idea that she's not here on an extended vacation.

Hmmm...a picture....I'll have to post one later on.

Thanks so much to everyone who has commented and followed our journey. I'll keep updating and you keep following!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks so much for sharing your journey. I am watching closely since we are leaving in a couple of months to meet our daughter, Sydney, who is almost 6 years old. Thanks so much!!! Congrats!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Glad to hear that everyone got home in one piece... have fun and hope the jetlag doesn't take to long to get over...

*Overflowing* said...

WELCOME HOME!!!! I can't wait to see those 2 sweeties in action! Congratulations again! Hugs, stacy (OC yahoo group)

Joelle said...

Have been a bit breathless in the wait to hear -- couldn't remember when you were due home. Sounds like you are juggling well for the start. Can't wait to see pix!